p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Federal Jury Duty Sucks

I was notified by mail yesterday that I'm on Federal Jury Duty for the month of December. That means I have to call in every Sunday evening to find out if I have to report Monday morning. I can serve on multiple juries during the month. I have to dress up, "men will wear ties and women should wear dresses, under no circumstances should jeans be considered appropriate." Well, that's just stupid. Like we can't pay attention in jeans. And if I remember correctly, we're in a box that pretty much hides us from the waist down. If its that important they should issue gowns, you know like choir gowns. Then we all look alike and nobody's wearing anything nicer than the next person. Otherwise I think I'll dress over the top, Zsa Zsa Gabor style with a boa and tiara.

Its the freakin holidays people! I have plans. I have vacation scheduled. I have a lot of charity work on the calendar. I have a job.

Let's look at a couple of options:

What if the jury pool was made up of people on unemployment compensation? Their days are free. Most of them are just watching daytime TV and faking the unemployment reporting.

I think the homeless should be jurrors. They aren't "doing anything" anyways and they could use the $40/day. That will buy plenty of Maddog 20/20 and keep them from begging on the street corner for atleast a couple of days.

2 Comments:

Blogger shockcat said...

hello, looks like you changed your blogspot template. If so, I can't read the homepage, just jibberish. Your last comment on my apologizing ... correct. I did apologize for her pissing me off. Do you have a tap planted in my house? Are you really Candace? One of her associates? Hmmm.

November 2, 2005 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger The Teller said...

Ha! You'd like to think I cheated by bugging your house or pretending to be across the country while really residing next door. Nope, I'm just really that good at reading people. On the plus side, living with Grumpy you must be really good at apologizing, something I could use some training on. I have a hard time doing it outloud (sure I apologize in my head).

November 3, 2005 at 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home