p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Saturday, December 17, 2005

You're only 15 years old?

What did we do before you were around? How did we get anything at all done?

The internet is only 15 years old? That boggles my mind. Look how dependent we have become in 15 years. Then I find this on CNN:

"In theory, no one is supposed to run or own the Internet, the most powerful network in the world and an entity upon which the global economy increasingly relies. In reality though, it is in the hands of an obscure American, non-profit corporation called the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (Icann), based in California...the company could block access to domain names such as ".eg," thereby taking all Egyptian sites that end with .eg offline. The commercial and political fallout would be incalculable. And so, the stakes in the debate about who controls the Internet are much higher than simply a Web address system."

I had no idea.

What would happen if the internet crashed tomorrow?

Discuss amongst yourselves in the comments section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home