p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm more concerned about his Pink Cadillac

Dallas Democrat, Tom Malin, is seeking election to the Texas House of Representatives and acknowledged that he once worked as a prostitute. Now a salesman and actor, he said he no longer works as a prostitute.

Malin has also worked as a Mary Kay salesman and performed in Dallas-area theater productions. Tom was recognized as one of the top recruiters and sellers with Mary Kay and one of only 3 men to ever earn the use of the highly coveted Pink Cadillac. As an actor, Tom appeared in Television, Film, and Stage Productions including Guiding Light; Sex and The City; The Sopranos; Spin City; Law and Order; Saturday Night Live; Passions; Frasier; Turtle Creek Chorale Guest Artist; When Pigs Fly; & Dinner at Eight.

"I don't regret my past, nor do I wish to shut the door on my past," he said. "I think anyone who has made mistakes in their lives can be a viable member of community and society." "He's been a mess, but righted himself," former Dallas County Democratic chairwoman Susan Hays said. "He's got more honesty and energy than his Democratic opponent and Dan Branch."

Malin said he's been sober for 13 years after being addicted to alcohol. He said he grew up in an abusive household and that he was abused physically, emotionally and sexually as a child. Malin said people care about where you're going, not where you've been. "I know that there are people that can benefit from my experience," he said. "This is not about winning an election; this is about empowerment. There is a higher calling and a higher message involved in this."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home