p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Limping Dead

So I've been sick since returning from the conference. I think we had a Typhoid Mary amongst us as no less than 10 people have come down ill. I went back to the doctor today for the 2nd time this week. 6 chest xrays, a breathing treatment, 1 shot in the butt, and a handful of drugs, inhalers, and 2 prescriptions later, I can breath and hear out of one ear. The good news is I lost 5 lbs in 2 days. I only need to be sick another 30 days and I'll be skinny.

The doctor said the strep throat appears to be under control but the sinus infection is still raging and now my ear drum is infected. Oh, and a little bit of fluid on my right lung. An overall improvement of .5%.

I popped in the office today to drop off my doctor's note and pick up some files so I could work from home and they said I looked worse than yesterday when I came in for 2 hours to catch up my desk.

Gee thanks.

(I'm just glad no one said anything about me wearing the same warm up suit I had on the day before.)

Poor little princess I'm not sure what she's been eating for the last 5 days. I haven't been able to move, let alone fix a meal. But I'm sure she's had all her favorites, chicken patties, spaghetios, hot dogs. And don't even ask me about Big Daddy. He has been pretty much worthless, leaving me to die in the bedroom. I'm pretty sure he hasn't so much as brought me a glass of water. I'll deal with him when I'm well enough to kick his ass.

I am about to go stir crazy. So yes, I could stay home tomorrow (I have another 6 sick days and 2 weeks of vacation) but I'm not infectious anymore and I'm going in if I can breathe and hear out of atleast one ear. I need human contact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home