p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Guilty until proven innocent

Big Daddy called me at work Monday and accused me of having a boyfriend. Seriously. I had to leave work and come home to calm him down and figure out what was going on. Apparently taking a dressy outfit, high heels and nice pajamas on a business trip to the field equals boyfriend. We ended up having a long conversation about how unhappy I am. He sleeps all the time and never spends any time with me or the kids. Last weekend we spent all of 5 hours together, he slept the rest. This has been going on for atleast 6 months. I told him I'm lonely and unhappy.

I thought we'd ironed this out before I left on Wed. but apparently not. I asked him to lunch before I hit the road and I asked him to help me carry my stuff to the car. I said how I hated not being able to listen to music in hotels and took my cd player from the office. He said yeah, I'd need that to party with my boyfriend. We parted on a sour note.

The trip was good. I spent a lot of time driving (846 miles in 4 days) and sitting in boring meetings. I did get to met a friend's wife and we all went to dinner for her birthday.

I called Big Daddy twice each day, once mid morning when he was getting home and again around 10 pm when he leaves for work. He sounded short and pissy. Each day I became more depressed about it. Nothing like hours of drive time to mull it over.

By the last day I was actually dreading returning home while at the same time so very tired of traveling. I get home late afternoon and he's like a changed man. I found it amazing that from Friday night's short curt call he could be so different. He said that Saturday he realized how wrong he'd been and how the last six months have been pretty crappy for me.

Let's hope this is a new beginning and not a short story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home