p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, October 15, 2004

Fairy Godmother I ain't

Apparently, Homecoming Queens need a semi formal dress and a formal dress. Let me just say Big princess owns neither. She contemplated making a dress from duct tape or the possibility of ripping some jeans apart and sewing them into a dress? Big princess wears crappy thrift store t-shirts and jeans most every day except Sunday. When I make her wear a better class of t-shirt to church.

Last spring, when she went to prom, we went from store to store either finding nothing that fit or nothing under $300. We both cried, a lot. We finally found a store that rents formal dresses. Not her dream dress but for about $100 including rental jewelry we settled.

Last night we had to start the process again but this time needing 2 dresses. I prayed (I begged God is what I did). Big princess said a friend of hers always gets her dresses at Dillards. I told her, "Remember, we looked there last spring. The sales staff was bitchy and we couldn't find anything in your size." I really wasn't in the mood to kick sales lady ass. Apparently last time we didn't look in the appropriate department, which for the record is no where near the rest of the formal wear (different floor even). We actually had about 8-10 dresses to choose from. Pretty dresses, pretty dresses in lots of colors and styles.

I bought her a full length gown that is a shimmery sapphire blue at the bottom and fades to pale blue at the halter top, covered in sparkley rhinestones. Ahhhhhh, muy bonita! And I love it twice as much because it was only $45 on final markdown from $150. Big princess bought her semi formal gown, a 1950's design, black w/big white poka dots and red lace peeking from under the flared skirt. It could use a big hat and she would be perfect at the Kentucky Derby!

Now all she needs is shoes! Fairy Godmother, glass slippers would match both dresses and save me another shopping trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home