p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, October 21, 2004

I'm All Shook Up

Frequently, around 3 pm, the building I work in rumbles and shakes. It used to be scary now it just gives me pause. This is Texas and we don't really have earthquakes but I imagine that this is what it feels like.

Ok, I had about 30 minutes of writing after this paragraph and now its gone and this isn't the first time. I'm pissed and don't have the time to rewrite it. This is not the first time, its like the 5th or 6th time. I've only been here a month but I may cancel my lease and move my butt outta here. That's how mad I am, again.

I type and type and make corrections and even hit "Save as a Draft" occasionally. And yet when I get back to my post, half or more is just gone. Argh!

Anyways, I've finally figured out what all the rumbling and shaking is. There's a rock quarry (think the Flintstones) about 5 miles east of the office. Its dynamite! They're blasting big rock into little rock. My house is only 3-4 miles from this same quarry but I never noticed it at home. I wonder if that's because at the office I'm on the fourth floor and the tremors are transmitted up the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home