p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, October 18, 2004

NASCAR Commuting

If you live in South Texas you drive a minivan or a truck. Its a fact.

If you leave more than 1/2 a vehicle length between you and the minivan/truck in front of you, you are inviting some one to fill that space. If you drive the speed limit in the fast lane, someone will flip you the bird and shout "asshole".

I have exactly 3 stop signs between my house and my office. Seriously. That's it. I exit my neighborhood, get on the highway, exit highway, turn right and I'm there. Its probably 8 miles. So why the hell does it take me 35 minutes?

Today there were no accidents on my particular highway, the weather was good (dry, 74 degrees and slightly overcast) and yet traffic was like the line up for NASCAR. Everyone revving their engines and swerving back and forth (to keep the tires hot?). Occasionally I'd get the green flag and accelerate to 45 mph (speed limit is 70), jockey for position, before the caution flag came out and we all brought it down to 25 mph with intermittent stops for clearing debris from the track. (I saw a commercial refridgerator on the side of the road.) I wasn't careful about distance and was passed a couple of times. Apparently we all need to run nose to ass to avoid drag and save gas so we don't have to pit before the end of rush hour.

I think I finished 10,268th today. Where am I in the points?

1 Comments:

Blogger Hez said...

I loved your post. Very funny. For me if I leave really early it takes about fifteen minutes to get to work. However, come 8:00 am that time doubles. Unfortunatly for me I am one of those drivers that drives in the middle lane at about 5 over but still gets flicked off. Oh well, I just laugh. I also clap for them and give them a thumbs up when I pull up behind them at a red light.

October 21, 2004 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home