p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Cheaters Never Prosper

Well, I didn’t prosper but I did have fun. We went to Austin to plow through public records, a little task assigned to us by the corporate attorney. We were looking for something specific but thought the only way to gather the information was to spend hours pouring over public records. Well, it poured rain like a cow pissing off a flat rock the whole way there. The hour’s drive took almost 2 hours. We parked at a meter on the street putting all the change we could into the meter and buying us three hours time. We flipped a penny to see who would have to come back and feed the meter in the rain.

We found the receptionist, explained what we were looking for and got busy, for about 15 minutes. One of the clerks came by and explained we could get exactly what we needed from their website, all summarized, neat and tidy in a spreadsheet. Ok then.

We quickly consulted amongst ourselves and decided not to waste a day in Austin. We both have never been to the capital and asked one of the guards about tours. “Every 15 minutes and no charge.” Cool.

Did you know that you can just wander around the capital? We opted for the self guided tour and just wandered from room to room, floor to floor. A couple of times we weren’t sure if we were “authorized” to proceed into certain areas. My philosophy was “if there aren’t velvet ropes blocking it off, I’m going in.” We saw the house and senate floors, a ton of history and a fabulously beautiful building.

Well worth the charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home