p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

What's It All About?

It’s that time of the month when Big princess, me and a couple of other people head down to the family shelter to watch kids while their parents take classes. It always makes for a long day since I have a 7 am breakfast meeting on the same day every month. But I don’t really mind going. We always work the 4-5 year old class and most of the kids are a lot of fun. They like to cuddle up on laps and read books, color pictures and make stuff. We brought a hands-on craft and then colored Thanksgiving hand outs.

I asked the kids what they were going to do for Thanksgiving and some said they planned to sleep. Wow, how sleep deprived are 4 & 5 year olds that they look forward to getting a nap. A couple of kids planned to eat, like they don’t normally get to eat? And one little girl said she planned to watch football. The director came up and whispered that most of the kids didn’t even know what “Thanksgiving” was about.

Ha! Ha! Eat, watch football and nap. That sounds like they totally understand.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do a lot of great things for your girls!! I figured it was time for me to tell you that! You just seem to have an awesome family and you guys actually do things together! It's just my Mom and I and we never do stuff like that together...we mostly shop and go out to eat. So good for you...your girls are lucky! :)

November 21, 2004 at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home