p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Went on a field trip today

Boss picked me up at 6:30 am. Ugh, I usually am just getting up at this point. Have I mentioned, I’m not a morning person?

Two hour drive to one of the field offices. I’m told to bring cookies so that the field guys will like me. I bet no one ever suggested this to any man in the company. I do what I do best, sarcasm. I bake two dozen chocolate cookies in the shape of cat turds and roll them in nuts to look like kitty litter. Trust me, they are the best cat turds ever!

Observe a 15 minute meeting. The whole point of the trip is for me to meet the field personnel and the excuse is a 15 min. meeting that could have been done on the phone.

Take tour of plant. I don my company issued hardhat for the first time and plug in the best earplugs I’ve ever used. Now I can’t hear a damn thing the guy is explaining to me during the one-hour tour. I nod my head a lot. It’s still pretty interesting and I’m starting to figure out what goes where and when. Good thing there isn’t a beauty pageant after lunch cause the hard hat has thoroughly crushed my Texas bangs and I have an excellent case of helmet head.

Take manager out to lunch on company. Dude knows everyone who walks thru the door. Sheriff comes over to see who we are. Small towns gotta love them. We are introduced and the sheriff asks what we are doing in this neck of the woods. I reply we are here to see the cows and maybe do some cow tipping. I have got to learn to shut my mouth.

Three hour drive home. The manager sends us on a short cut thru the countryside that adds 20 lbs of mud to the company vehicle and takes an extra hour.

All said, I had a good time, can’t wait for the next field trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home