p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Empty nests

I’ve been watching a nest of Yellow-breasted Warblers at the office. The mother sat on the nest and sang for a couple of weeks. They have quite a sweet song. Then I saw the little heads bobbing up and down and the mother flying back and forth bringing food.

Well, I had a three day weekend and now I notice the nest is empty. I wonder what happened. Did they mature and fly away or did the nest not hold them long enough and they went splat on the side walk.

Little Princess is at summer camp for the week and our house seems frozen in time. Big Princess is working and Big Daddy is sleeping so no one expects me to cook or entertain. I don’t have to rush home after work since no one is waiting for me. When I get home I’m greeted by silence. Even the dog is freaking out, yesterday he tried to get in the car and go to work with me. I had to drag him back to the house. He seemed to beg, “Don’t leave me here alone.”

I guess this is what it could be like when little princess grows up and leaves the nest. Thank goodness for me and the dog that we still have 7 years.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

found your site from your comment on rlp re: the elephant on the cinnamon roll. Enjoyed reading your blog--nice to know someone besides me is trying to figure out what to be when they grow up (and I ain't gonna tell you how old I am, 'cept it's older than you....)

July 1, 2005 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger rod said...

hey, I stumbled upon your blog by clicking commenter links through several degrees. anyway, I felt a connection with your warbler babies giving you a picture of what's to come. I had the same thing happen last year with carolina wrens, then they came back this year. If your interested in my account of the experience, you'll find it here
and this year's account here and here and here

I enjoy your blog.

July 9, 2005 at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home