p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Folding my Blessings

I’m folding laundry right out of the dryer and for some reason I’m smelling each item. The towels are the best, fluffy and fresh smelling. I start thinking about how grateful I am that I have big, fluffy, sweet smelling towels. I ponder if it’s a silly thought and realize I don’t care if it is, I’m saying a prayer of thanksgiving. Thanking the Lord that I have a washer and dryer, electricity, running water, towels to wash, and dryer sheets too.

Wow, if you hate doing laundry, this changes everything. Not every time mind you, but more often I’m going to think “yea! I’m going to put my blessings into action and fold laundry”.

I have to think that my daughter’s mission trip this Summer to work at an orphanage in the former Soviet Union has already changed the way I look at things and she hasn’t even left yet. I hear that she will never look at toilet paper the same way again. Maybe I won’t either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home