p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Gotta love kids, right?

We had the youth from church over for dinner and a movie. Its one of their favorite activities. I preview a movie and every time food is eaten in the movie, I serve it to the kids at the exact moment. They keep asking for Willy Wonka but I don’t think I could afford all that candy.

Big Princess did as she was supposed to and called each and every person so I’d have an accurate head count. Then one girl shows up with an extra boy that none of us know and the kids’ teacher brings his toddler and baby.
A. She should have called and asked me if it was ok to bring a friend.
B. He should have asked if it was ok to bring to extra small people.

Our house is rather small with seating for 5 in the living room. With our kids all grown up for the most part, we don’t worry about “baby proofing” and we have many animals that aren’t used to little ones. Add to it 2 small people that aren’t amused by the movie and require someone to chase them most of the time.

One person put their feet (with their shoes on) up on my coffee table and seemed annoyed when asked not to, two others didn’t watch the movie and were loud and distracting. If I was at an actual movie theatre, I’d have complained to the manager.

Crap, why does all this stuff bother me so much? Again, by the end of the function I was annoyed and couldn’t wait to get away from everyone. Too bad I can’t afford therapy. I could probably gain some insight as to why I always end up getting pissed that people don’t perform in the way I expect them. And maybe there’s treatment or a pill to help me go with the flow.

Well, at least I liked the extra boy. He was respectful and polite and even thanked me for having him over. I imagine he learned that at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home