p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Don't look (I warned you)


MONTREAL - American Chelsea Davis hit her nose (that really looks like she hit her face) on the diving board during the 3-meter springboard preliminaries Friday at the World Swimming Championships. Davis was attempting an inward 2½ somersault in the tuck position when she struck the bridge of her nose on the board and scraped her head (again, the picture show her smacking half her face/head). Blood poured down her face, stunning spectators, some of whom covered their faces. (I think most people who have seen the video or pictures have had that same reaction.)

German coach Lutz Buschkow jumped into the pool (and where was her coach?) and pulled a crying Davis to the side. She was put on a floating stretcher and taken to the hospital, where her parents and boyfriend joined her. Davis received a few stitches in her swollen nose, which was not broken, and returned to her hotel Friday evening.
(What a trooper!)


The Associated Press
Updated: 10:07 p.m. ET July 22, 2005

1 Comments:

Blogger punkest gurl said...

uhm...ouchiwawa!

July 29, 2005 at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home