p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Memo to the Boss

Happy Bastille Day!

Bastille Day is a National holiday in France. It is very much like Independence Day in the United States because it is a celebration of the beginning of a new form of government.

The Bastille was a prison in France that the kings and queens often used to lock up the people that did not agree with their decisions and on July 14, 1789, a large number of French citizens gathered together and stormed the Bastille.

Just as the people in the US celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence as the beginning of the American Revolution, so the people in France celebrate the storming of the Bastille as the beginning of the French Revolution.

And because I am French, I would like to be dismissed for the remainder of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home