p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, July 11, 2005

Love and Hate

I've noticed for several months now that the princesses are not getting along. I'm used to them fighting, arguing, and touching each other's stuff. But they've seemed to kick it up a notch this Summer. I don't think they have enjoyed one minute of each others company since school was over. The constant bickering, fighting, yelling, tattling has worn me and Big Daddy down to just yelling back at them words like "shut up", "get away from her" and "go to your room". The later not always a good choice since they share a room.

I keep telling them that they are going to miss each other when Big Princess leaves (now down to 3 weeks til departure). "Hell.. I mean, heck no, I'm not gonna miss her," Big Princess tells us. Little princess is already planning on redecorating the room that will soon be hers alone. She has 50 paint chips from Home Depot and has asked if we can dismantle Big Princess' bed or at least move it to the garage.

I asked someone at church who has grown children if this is normal. The closer Big Princess gets to leaving, the worse the fighting. She said that they are pushing each other away in preparation of separation so that they won't miss each other as much.

I think Big Princess and I are doing the same thing on a different level. It seems that she is annoying me in new ways every day. And she seems especially exasperated with me lately.

Big Daddy doesn't seem to be a part of this emotional tug-of-war equation. I think he's gearing up for the big move. I wonder if he'll cry when we leave her at college?

2 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

big daddy will definitely cry. He may wait until no one is around though, but rest assured, he'll cry.

I love your blog.

July 11, 2005 at 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should try and quit smoking and being nice to the princess'. Maybe the act of kindness and the kindness you get in return will be worth it.

July 12, 2005 at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home