p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, July 18, 2005

I had a dream there were clouds in my coffee

I’m feeling better. A combination of exercise and sleep are the biggest contributors to my improved mood. That and the fact that we finally got a reprieve from the glaring white hot sun of summer. I truly believe that people who have to go thru days upon days of blistering sunshine can become as depressed as those in the northwest after weeks of gloom.

I slept in way later than I ever get to, 11 am! But I was having a vivid detailed dream that I could remember completely when I awoke. I explained it to Big Daddy and the princesses.

It started with me waking up to find the bathroom and the kitchen flooded with water. As I started to clean up I noticed my brother was sleeping on the living room sofa. I was yelling for everyone to get up and help me when my inlaws showed up at the front door.

Then I was at a friend’s house and she was throwing a birthday party for a child. It was time to go and one of little princess’ friend’s father was loading kids in my minivan. I realized that there were too many kids. I didn’t have enough seatbelts for everyone. As I tried to remove some of the kids, Big Princess starts driving and I’m hanging out the side of the van with the door open. I start yelling for her to stop but she keeps saying that she can’t stop and that there’s no place for her to pull over. Well, by the time she pulls over we’re lost. I’ve got way more kids that I have room for, there’s a woman in the front seat holding a baby in her arms and two toddlers that I don’t even know. I can’t figure out how to get back to my friend’s house and I know I’m late for something at my house with the relatives.

I get Big princess to ask the toddlers what their phone number is and they give her their dad’s work number at the local grocery store. She calls him but he won’t come get his kids. I stop at a house (I don’t know the person) to use the bathroom and decide to have Big princess call the police to handle the lost toddlers. The officer she talks to gives her a hard time and tells her to take them back to where we got them from.

I get on the phone and get his supervisor who agrees to come get the kids immediately. He also chews out the first cop, telling him, “Damn it, kids are involved. You should have gone there immediately.”

I drive for quite some time in a big city (seemed like Chicago), going around in circles, lost, narrowly avoiding accidents at every turn. Big Princess keeps assuring the mother holding the baby that I don’t usually drive like this. I keep thinking how mad Big Daddy is going to be if I’m late.

I wake up as I drop the last kid at their house.

Whew!

So Sunday, I get up and start the washer and it starts filling up the sinks, toilets and tub and starts overflowing onto the floor. Little princess says, “Hey, just like in your dream.” Then Big Daddy just starts freaking out. I’m like, “what? What?”

“The only reason my parents would come here is if I was in the hospital,” he says. I’m like what the hell are you talking about?

“My blood work, the doctor’s visit, labs… I don’t want them to open me up.”

He truly seems panicked. He has a family history of heart problems and I made him see a doctor for the first time in 15 years. He’ll get his test results this Friday. And he seems to think my dream means he’ll have to have surgery and his parents will show up from Ohio.

He's so vain, he probably thinks this song is about him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home