p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Four hours of vacation, please

I had no idea how emotionally draining someone else's problems could be. How do the professionals do it? Maybe, because they are strangers to the affected person. Or do they become numb after a time? I really doubt its something taught in school prior to the job.

I muddled through the rest of yesterday and went home to microwave dinner for four. Then spent the evening on the sofa. The most I accomplished was painting my toenails. Ha, even that's a lie, Big Princess painted my nails. I just felt drained.

I can't believe I now know so much about this person. I'm already wondering how it will change the way I interact with her, the way I see her. I carry the burden of her past. Oh, its definitely not as heavy or as painful but I carry only a small piece of it for her. And I'm not sure it eases her load one little bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

Hi P.S.,
I know this might be annoying to you as I have done it before, but when you feel solidarity of experience with someone, well, I can't help but try and lure you to my own accounts of similar experiences. So... I guess you can always ignore these, delete them or whatever.
So, as to your detour of day to listen and speak into the lives of a near stranger, I have written about this frequently. I spare you all the links, but here is my latest rambling (IF YOU'RE INTERESTED):
the bearable heaviness of hearing
I believe that sharing joy and sorrow is the number one call of community, so once again, I say, Bless You.

July 27, 2005 at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home