p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Puzzle Pieces

The puzzle pieces are falling into place with amazing speed. We’ve had the border done for some time now and were left with those 50 pieces that all look exactly the same.

One of the bigger pieces has finally fit. We found a vehicle for Big Princess last weekend. I was starting to panic. We were down to one week before she left and we didn’t have many options. I thought she was going to end up with a car with no air conditioning and no radio (in south Texas that’s pretty much a death sentence). I started asking everyone I saw, “Hey, got a cheap car for sale?” Hey, it worked. Our neighbor (hot neighbor) was willing to sell us his truck at the slightly more than Big Princess had price. There was some minor title trouble that caused me to have to tell a small harmless fib so we could title the vehicle. But its got low mileage, cold a/c and a cd/radio. It’s also a 5 speed so now I have to teach her how to drive it. I like that fact. Most kids her age can’t drive a standard so no one will be borrowing her truck. Ha! And she can load her own gear at the end of the year and come home. We don't have to go get her! giggle giggle

Big Princess leaves in less than 24 hours for Moldova to work at an orphanage. It will probably be the biggest thing she has ever done. She’s still $100 short of paying for the trip. She raised $1,500 and has been paying back a church member for the balance. While he’s not worried about her paying him off before she leaves, we both want it handled so she can go with a free heart. I swung back by the house this morning and picked up the 8 scarves I’ve crocheted for the orphanage for Christmas. I made her $100 in 15 minutes. It must be 98 degrees outside but there are 4 women wearing winter scarves in my office. And heck, its still 20 weeks til Christmas, I’ll crochet faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home