p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Coming home without her

I fogot to tell you about the return trip from college.

Best Friend is being dropped off at her grandparents about 20 minutes down the road. This poses no problem except her dad can't give directions to save himself. He is confused as to which way the exit numbers go, up or down. He then realizes we are only 5 minutes away from the exit and he's got to go so he can met us at the exit.

Once Best Friend is gone its like the party's over. No chattering of girls, no giggling, no singing to the radio or requests for better music. Little princess lays down and immediately falls alseep.

I should be so lucky.

I asked Big Daddy to drive home. I wanted to crochet. What I forgot was he tends to drive like a retard. He tailgates in the slow lane. The speed limit is 70, he never got above 65 mph. Don't even ask about turn signals. He kept swerving so much I finally had to ask if that was just a standard lane change or was he avoiding debris on the road. I was a nervous wreck and I'm a fearless driver but I couldn't even read a magazine. I suggested we stop at the outlet mall to get him a pair of shoes just so I could recover. But it was sooo hot that I didn't want to shop.

We finally made it home and all took a nap.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home