p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Compliment gone wrong

A friend of mine from the field has been at corp. the last three days. So I took him out Tuesday night for dinner and drinks, played pool and hung out. Then Wed. we just did drinks with some of the other guys and I went home around 6:30. Well when we get together and drink the dicussion always turns to people in the company at some point, who they like, who they hate.

We played a game I like to call "I'd totally do them". It gets pretty hilarious and since its always guys (hey, its a male dominated company) people in the game never come up. I mean what guy is gonna say he'd do a guy in the circle?

Well we're all laughing and tossing out names when my friend looks at me and goes..."I'd totally do you". We all busted up laughing. I'm so comfortable with the guys and vice versa that sometimes they forget I'm of the opposite sex. But the game's all harmless and nobody's really thinking their gonna "do" someone in the company so I didn't take it personal.

Well, today he was leaving and I walked him out to the parking lot to have a smoke. Joking around, I gave him a hug and said, "Hey, thanks for saying you'd sleep with me. That was the nicest compliment I've had all week." Just then we both look up and see there's a guy standing like 2 feet from us that we didn't know was there and the guy busts up laughing and walks away. We've both got no clue who this guy is but we bust up laughing at how my comment must have sounded.

My friend called me later and said he was still laughing every time he pictured the look on that guy's face. I bet the guy tells someone what he overheard today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange how words can have such a profound impact on someone.

May 7, 2006 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Cyn Huddleston said...

I loved this whole post. thanks for liking my poem.

May 10, 2006 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home