p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Sunday, July 09, 2006

When Scenic Route Isn't so Scenic

We went out Friday evening shopping at a strip mall. I don't know why but malls are out and huge strip malls are in. You are exposed to the elements trying to get your purchases back to your vehicle every time you buy something and half the time you have to drive to the next store. But anyways,

We went to World Market because I'd never been there and wanted to see what they had. Basically its a huge store of exotic nicnacks and exotic foods. I did find my favorite cookies that the grocery store has stopped carrying, Pims raspberry chocolate covered biscuits. Yum. Then off to Petsmart for supplies for the birds. I asked if they carried anything to make dogs stop eating cat poo. They did carry something to make them stop eating their own poo. So we'll see if it helps. Its totally disgusting to see your dog with kitty litter on his nose after he's tried to "kiss" you. (Trust me, we've tried everything conceivable to stop him.)

I, of course, made a wrong turn trying to exit back to the highway and just decided to take the scenic back roads home. We're tooling along on an old farm-to-market two lane road that winds along a creekbed and is lined with trees on both sides, singing along to Johnny Cash and doing the speed limit of 35 mph. We approach an intersection and the cross traffic has the stop sign. I notice an SUV coming the other way and they are going fast, probably 50 mph.

"Will they stop? Do they see their stop sign?" I think to myself and let off the gas. At the last second I see they aren't going to stop and slam on the brakes and they scream thru the intersection. My heart is pounding as I pull thru the intersection. I look back and they screetch to a halt, and turn around. I'm thinking they're as rattled as I am but no, they take off with the tires spinning and turn the direction we were coming from and speed away. All this in less than 5 seconds. If I hadn't stopped they would have broadsided us at 50 mph and it would have taken a long time for the nearest help to arrive.

Big Daddy looks at me and says, "Why did you go this way?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home