p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, April 02, 2007

Yawn with a side of I Don't Give a Shit

I finally made it to the Job Rut to pick up Big Princess' paycheck. She worked Spring Break when she was home but is back at school by the time the "minimum pay allowable for soul sucking" check is cut. Its only been like 4 or 5 days since I was supposed to pick it up but the manager drolled on about how he didn't think anyone was coming to get it and he thought he was going to have to send it back to the "Corporate Office".

F-Off... I've got a life, a busy life.

I figure since I'm already wasting an entire lunch hour on this errand, I might as well deposit the check in the bank for Big Princess--so the check will clear and she can pay me for her truck insurance and cell phone when she gets home for Easter weekend.

Smack dab in the middle of the lunch hour and the bank only has one teller at the counter. Bank employees breeeze by, offering me cheery greetings and promising someone will be with me soon. There is only one person ahead of me, so how bad can the wait be?

It can be twenty minutes as the person ahead of me performs something along the lines of cashing an out-of-state check written to a second party in pesos and wanting it converted to yen in the form of a money order, with no id or account at this particular bank.

My turn:

Yes, I'd like to deposit this payroll check and cash this one for $10, drawn on this bank.

His fingers whirl. He types for about 5 minutes. I'm wondering if he's forgotten about my transaction because he had a sudden inspiration for a victorian play written in SQL. Without looking up, he hands me Big Princess' paycheck.

"Please sign the back."
That check is made out to Big Princess, not me. She is the primary on this account, I'm the secondary.
"I see....... Well, bank procedures demand that every check be properly endorsed."
She is a college student who works when she's home but is currently back at school, two hours away.
[blank stare down from me to him]

He finally looks away and writes "For Deposit Only" on the back while instructing me that the bank can only do this a couple of times (like they haven't been doing it for the better part of two years now) before it will insist that the check be properly endorsed.

"Thank you for banking with us."

Eat me teller boy.....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home