p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I've Never Heard of this Happening to Anyone Else

I took Big Princess with me on a business trip to the coast for a little Mother-Daughter R&R. We stopped at a couple of offices before reaching the coast but we still couldn't check into our hotel for 3 hours.

What to do? Go to the beach?

We really didn't want to check into the hotel all dripping ocean water on the lobby floor so we decided to shop. And we shopped til we dropped. I bought boots, a purse, a dress for an upcoming wedding, earrings, headband, scarf, and a shirt. Big Princess bought me a bumper sticker that says "No I don't have a license to kill but I do have a learner's permit." I absolutely love it!!!

We had lunch at a lovely place on the beach. Finally checked into the hotel and spent some time at the beach and the hotel pool. After cleaning up, we met Big Princess' friend from college, Buddha Girl, for dinner. We had a great time and laughed so much I'm surprised I didn't pull a muscle. We ran to the grocery store after dinner for dental floss and encountered a man pushing his SUV and having his child steer. So we all three jumped out and told him to steer while we pushed. We must have been a sight, wearing shorts, a mini skirt, and Capri's. After getting his vehicle to a safe place, we ensured he had help coming before continuing our quest for dental floss.

The next morning I got up at 5:30 am and headed to the office for a meeting. Big Princess was going to stay behind and sleep. I finished up at the office and promised to return and take them to lunch before we headed home. I truck 20 minutes back to the hotel and call Big Princess to make sure she's up and packed. After I get to the room and start the process of dragging our 15 bags to the car, Big Princess says, "I have to poop, should I do it now before we leave?" Not wanting my coworkers to have to stand around and wait for her to take care of business at the office, I tell her "yeah, its a good idea to take care of that now." (What child asks you if its a good time to poop?)

She comes out of the bathroom looking a little afraid.

"What's wrong?"

"It won't flush."

"Lift the lid on the tank. Is there water in the tank?"

"No"

"Is it filling at all?"

"Yeah, real slow."

Ok, at this point I don't want to leave the room with a big log floating so I hand her the coffee pot and I grab the ice bucket. "Let's fill these and dump them in the tank to hurry the process." We fill it up and I tell her to "give it a try."

Success!!

"Great, hand me the coffee pot and put the lid back on the tank."

As I'm putting the stuff back I hear a crash, water flowing, Big Princess yelling "oh no, oh no."

"Tell me you didn't drop the lid and break it?"

"I dropped the lid in the tank and the bottom of the tank broke and fell on the floor," she yells as she tries to mop the flowing water with towels.

"Oh my god, you're kidding?" But as I look in the bathroom, I can see the broken porcelain on the floor amid the flowing water.

"Quick, reach down here and turn the water off."

"Which way?"

"Righty tighty, lefty Lucy. Let's get the hell out of here."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home