p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, September 10, 2007

He finally called

The week before school started, I asked little princess to help me do something. In exchange for her help I promised dinner out. She, thankfully, chose some place that actually serves food that doesn't come in a box or paper bag.


We sat across from each other and talked about the upcoming school year. I was having a great time as this was probably the first time all summer we had actually had a conversation that didn't involve tears, door slamming, stomping feet, or swear words. We were so engrossed in our conversation that we didn't notice any of the other diners.

As we were eating the waitress comes up and hands little princess a folded up napkin. Little princess takes the napkins and offers an akward "thanks?" and dabs at her mouth in case there is something offending there that she is unware of. The waitress is still standing there and she finally says "Well, is there anything 'in' it?"

I'm thinking "What the hell? Does she do magic tricks on the side in an attempt to boost her tips?"

Little princess unfolds the napkin and what do you think my 13 year old princess found?


A boy's name and number!!!
We are both flabbergasted. We both ask "which boy is this from?"
The waitress points to a table that has already left. We were so into our conversation that we never noticed who was at that table. I start to wonder "is he a 13 year old boy? is he a 18 year old boy that thinks she's 16 years old, or is he a 40 year old pediphile?"
I immediately snatch my phone from my purse. "We HAVE to call your sister!"


I explain all the details to Big Princess who is two and a half hours away at college. "Oh my god, give me the number." This is exactly what I expected of my oldest. She calls back in less than five minutes to say that he didn't answer but she left a message.
So every conversation with Big Princess since then has started with "So, has he called." Fast forward five weeks...
ring ring
"Hello"
"Guess who called me?"
"No way!"
"Yes, 5 weeks later he finally returns my call."
Well turns out he's 16 years old which is too old for little princess. She mounts a valiant defense that Big Daddy is two years older than me. I counter with "you can't date anyone who drives before you get a learner's permit."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Teller said...

The formatting is really pissing me off. No matter how many returns I put in, it won't put a blank line in this post. ARGH!

September 11, 2007 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger rod said...

Will Lewis
803-781- (well you have my cell phone)

October 1, 2007 at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home