p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, November 22, 2004

It's raining, It's pouring

Damn, it’s raining hard here. There’s a brand new river behind my office. The list of road closures is too long to list here. Most school and daycares have closed. And the Mayor has asked employers to start a staggered release of employees at 1 pm.

I just saw the building maintenance supervisor and he said the other businesses in the building have already sent their employees home.

No one in my office seems to be aware of, or care about, the mayor’s decree. I wonder if he knows how we thumb our nose at his suggestions. I keep telling supervisors but they just smile. One person seems to think that this is how she’ll get a 40 hour work week from staff. Just keep them over night.

One person is already dead from the flood waters, let’s not make it two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home