p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, January 17, 2005

A Bold New Move

Well, here I am, less than 250 days from turning 40 and I have for the very first time in my life painted my living room a color other than white and other than moving out. Am I getting bolder in my middle age? Ok, its not really much of a color, its dark tan.

We have family coming for Big princess’ graduation and I wanted to do something inexpensive and quick to make the house look better. Nothing picks up a room faster than a coat of paint. I picked a nice medium tan but after painting one section I realized that the color was the same as the dirty wall. So I went back and picked a much darker tan. After it dried, think weak chocolate milk color. I like it. It also made the ceiling look whiter without having to paint it.

I failed to consider the 70 gallon fish tank. Too heavy to move, too much work to drain. And the bookcase of crap. Every piece of paper no one knows what to do with ends up in the bookcase along with books, puzzles, photo albums, etc. So I still have to paint behind that and the computer area but overall its about 85% painted. I even did the baseboards that no one will see behind the furniture.

We rearranged the furniture. I hung new blinds and curtains. Bought a cool floor lamp with three flexible necks. It feels like new, except for the crappy section sofa, scratched by cats and ferrets, stained by children. But hey, one thing at a time. I’m also kinda waiting for the kids to leave home before I buy anything too nice. I’m not sure this will help as its my husband who makes the biggest messes. (Don’t tell him that, it pisses him off.)

I’m on a roll. What’s next? I’m considering painting the kitchen yellow! My life is sooo exciting. But it beats sitting on my butt and watching TV as the house crumbles around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home