p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Who's your pimp?

Tomorrow starts Girl Scout Cookies sales and I will be calling in all favors to secure my little princess a week at camp. I will order several cases extra of each cookie and pimp them without shame at work, church, to neighbors, family and friends and even total strangers. If you don't want cookies I suggest that you head over to Asia to help with the Tsunami relief efforts until the end of March. Otherwise start saving, they're only $3 a box and it gets little princess out of my hair for a week in the summer.

It used to be easier when she was a little tiny Brownie. Who could say no to her when she flashed the "look". Once a neighbor said no and she turned around and hung her head and kinda sniffled, the guy came running out of the house and bought 3 boxes. But almost 6 years later, its a little harder. Gone is the adorable Brownie outfit, replaced with green khaki with no cute factor. Gone is the little girl who couldn't understand how anyone could not want cookies from her. She has been replaced with a smarter version.

Little princess knows how to work it. Still gotta have the uniform on for identification purposes. After all, who wants to buy cookies from just any kid, you want them from an actual girl scout. But she knows "cute" sells so up goes the hair into pig tails, on goes some glitter. She stands in front of the mirror physicking herself to sell, practicing her smile.....and her sad face for when told "no thank you", rehearsing her comebacks to all the objections.

Watch out, she could be coming to your door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home