p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, January 10, 2005

Crash and Burn (What I've been up to)

I've lost track of how many computers I've worn out in the 8 months I've work here. Yesterday makes number 4 or 5 (I think, certainly no more than 6 but definitely more than 3). So my whole Monday was down the tubes. All I did was boot up and check emails from the weekend and BAM, there she went. IT did respond quickly and I had a new machine on my desk by 11 am. Spent the better part of any hour trying to reset tool bars, normal.dot files, etc. Then I spell the receptionist on Mondays for Lunch and Mail. I could have stayed home and gotten more done.

I felt renewed by 7 hours of sleep and ready to accomplish something this morning.

I dropped the dog at the vet's office where he proceeded to take a crap while walking down the hallway (even though I had given him the opportunity to take care of it prior to going in the office). I told them he has been acting weird (and here is my example, "who takes a crap while walking down the hallway") and would they please have doc check him over.

There is no way to cut across town from the vet to the office. I repeat, NO WAY. So after zigging and zagging across town I arrive at work, 1 hour late. Nobody's in town so its no biggie. I logged on and was ready to get some work done.

Holy Crap, did I do it again! Did I actually save the file I have been working on to the desk top instead of the server with a link to the desk top? I did! I could take a crap while walking down the hallway I'm so upset. It has taken most of the morning to figure out what files I had compiled the info from and it will probably take all afternoon to put it back together. Day 2 in the crapper.

My boss will come back tomorrow and ask what I accomplished. Absolutely nothing. My only hope is for it to be groundhog's day and Monday will repeat and I can atleast salvage my file before the crash.

On the plus side, IT said companies pay people like me big money to try and crash their systems. I asked for a name and number.

I'm gonna go eat my lunch now. Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home