p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Its the end of the world according to Davie

My poor dog is still freaking out over the fireworks. It doesn't help that people are still 2 days later popping off some here and there. Davie can hear them long before I realize that's what's freaking him out. He becomes a drooling needy insane shaking hairy blob. He suddenly thinks he can get on the sofa (all 80 lbs of him) and even the bed. He follows me everywhere and I was kinda afraid to leave him new year's eve he was so stressed.

"It's just fireworks", my husband says. "What does he think is going to happen?"

I'm not sure what takes a big dog that protects my children and I and turns him coward. It surely must seem like the apocolypse to him. His eyes open wider and I can see the whites around them. He trembles and shakes and drools. He wants me to hold him.

I guess that's a symbol of how much he loves me. When the end of the world comes he looks to me for comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home