p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, December 27, 2004

Peas and Carrots

I almost forgot the best part of Christmas eve. As the brief service came to an end, RLP told us to turn to each other and say "Peace of Christ be with you" and the reply was "And also with you".

Having grown up in Catholic church I was familiar with this tradition but poor little princess didn't pay close attention and had never seen us do this before. She turned to the gentleman on her right, grasped his hand, and announced "Peas and carrots for you" and shrugged her shoulders in an "I don't have a clue" kind of way.

On the way home, my husband said "You just can't read the bible and understand it. I need someone to translate it for me." I explained that was why most of us where in church. He further shared with me that "RLP made the bible make sense for him but that he never preached long enough".

Ha! Ha! I'm not sure that any pastor has ever heard those words spoken sincerely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home