p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

In case you missed it--'Christ'mas

My mom called last night and said that several of the churches in her town will not have services on Christmas day. "They said it would interfer with the celebration."

What?

How can anyone profess to be a Christian and skip church on Christmas day because it falls on a Sunday?

"It's a consumer-oriented society," said one church pastor, which normally would have seven services on a Sunday. "That's not what Christ would have us do. He doesn't want us to go through the motions and carry on the routine." The church backs up their decision not to have services on Christmas day with the excuse that people want to spend time with their families.

Spend it together at church for Christ's sake.
(meant seriously and not as a swear word)

2 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

Amen, ps.
I can't figure this one out. And I believe, neither can the non-believing world. Mustn't they be thinking, "if this is important to them, why would they cancel church?"
They must really be laughing at the Christian sloganeering, "Jesus is the reason for the season", and "wise men still seek him"...
My heart breaks for how far we've come, and for empty words we spew year round.
We don't deserve to have any impact on the culture around us. We only stand to make them twice the sons of hell that we are.

December 22, 2005 at 2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. We are having service, even if it is just a few.

December 23, 2005 at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home