p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Sunday, January 01, 2006

T minus 12 hours and counting

I have to be back at work in approx. 12 hours.

Where did the last 10 days go? I didn't really ever sleep the day way. The princesses were a little perturbed with me because I got them up every day by 9 am and we were out of the house before noon. (They would have slept until noon everyday and not gotten around to doing anything prior to about 3 pm.) The first couple days I woke up at my usual time but as days went by I needed an alarm to get up at 9 am for Church today.

Tomorrow will probably be painful.

But I've pretty much done everything there is to do without every actually leaving town on vacation. I tried to spend time with each princess doing something we both enjoyed and then time with both of them. I have shopped until I've dropped. After all the Christmas shopping, I bought a ceiling fan, scent stories, pasta pot, socks, clothes for everyone, TV, dishwasher, front brakes, and enough groceries to feed a small country.

Little princess and I went out to a friend's horse ranch and spent an afternoon horseback riding. We were both in heaven, spending hours riding in huge open fields. She would have liked a faster horse but my friend was scared to death we'd kill ourselves. I don't know why, she's seen us ride before and we are very competent riders. We spent time shopping later in the week, played bible trivia, uno attacks, and watched lots of movies in the evenings.

Big Princess and I got massages at a spa located in the mall. It was bliss. They gave us the couples room so we were together. As usual, I over anticipate. I could have enjoyed the hour more but as the therapist moved from section to section I kept saying in my head, "well, she's done with the shoulders, she won't be doing that again... That means only 30 minutes left." I wish I could have just blocked the voice in my head and enjoyed it. Big Princess got her own shopping time and played games with us but she also worked a lot. The funniest thing that happened was when the massage was over the 2 therapists said they were leaving the room and we could get dressed (we are down to our panties with a sheet over us). They walked out and the door didn't latch and blew all the way open. We looked up and busted into laughter, arguing over who would attempt to get off the table without exposing themselves and close it.

Little princess has tomorrow off and Big Princess leaves for college next weekend. And then life will be back to normal. Whatever that is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home