p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

3 Strikes and You're Out

# 1
Following my boss’ directions, I emailed the 5 trainers asking for the next 3 months of training dates and locations. They generally follow a schedule, 3rd Tuesdays or the 15th of the month. So when I didn’t hear back from everyone, I used the general schedule and emailed a long list of managers, supervisors, directors, and the 5 trainers the next 3 months of training dates.

FB replies to everyone on the list that I am not in charge of his training schedule. The email is in red, all caps, 18 point font, bolded and underlined.

Strike 2
I had several large projects and was getting behind in data entry. I handed off to a couple of the admin. assistants to get the data in so I could run the end of month reports and email them to top management, cc: ing anyone who has data in the reports.. I didn’t double check the data entry and FB’s data was missing from the final reports.

FB replies to the entire distribution list that he faxed the data to me on such and such date and even called to double check that I had received it. This email doesn’t have the red, large, bold, underlined words but he does use, count them, 12 exclamation points.

Thing is, I had caught the mistake and told him I would correct it the same day and resend my email to everyone.

3rd Strike
I was in a remote office doing some training. FB told me he would be there but didn’t make it. I go over the New Employee List with the 3 supervisors in attendance, letting them know what their employees need to wrap up new employee training/orientation. I send a friendly email to FB (only) to let him know what I went over with the supervisors and remind him to bring certain forms to the next training since the supervisors said they would make sure those people were in attendance.

FB forwards my email to his boss and my whole department, stating the he didn’t know he had a new boss, that his boss hadn’t informed him that he was reporting to me.

Now, FB didn’t copy me on his tirade email but I get called in by my boss and asked what’s going on here. I tell him I’m shocked and can’t believe FB has done this to me for a third time. I explain that we had been friends so I just don’t understand what the problem is and that I had talked to FB after strike 1 and 2 asking him to call me if he had a problem with me or anything I had emailed and he said he would. My boss says he sees nothing wrong with my email and will back me up.

For the record, I refuse to call FB for a third time and kiss his rear end. I will no longer drop what I am doing when he calls and needs something. His requests will go to the back of the pile. I will no longer give him a heads up when I hear his name mentioned by management. I will be professional and do my job but three strikes and you’re out of the friendship circle. I also plan to avoid emailing him unless absolutely necessary. He can’t forward a phone conversation.

FB refers to my favorite Austin Power's character.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger punkest gurl said...

ew he has a vagina neck?

April 6, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home