p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Things Are Going Too Well

Ever get that feeling that the other shoe might drop at any moment?

I sold Big Daddy’s truck last night. The ad was only up about an hour on cars.com before the calls started. The callers were all from out of town, which I found odd that people hours away were willing to go so far for a vehicle. Is there a shortage of vehicles in their city?

So the second caller inquired about the truck and I filled him in on the details. I explained the downsides, sliding rear window is broken, interior is less than perfect, high mileage, couple a dents. I spent more time explaining the pluses, transmission only has 40,000 miles on it, no rust, reliable transportation with no major issues. We argued about price briefly and then he said “I’ll leave for the airport now.”

Whoa, hold on now. I hadn’t even talked to Big Daddy to see if he was ok with the price we discussed and I was on my way to church. I tried to talk the guy into doing this the next day but he was adamant that he wanted to do it tonight. His push to hurry, his ethnic background, and the fact he was 300 plus miles away caused me some concern. But as soon as I got home I woke Big Daddy up and explained the deal. He agreed to the price and to go into work late so as to be with me when the deal went down. Everything went smooth and we’re happy with the cash.

While Big Daddy was on the test drive at 11:30 pm last night and I got to thinking… Wow, this went quickly. In the last couple of weeks we’ve made $600 in 24 hrs selling kittens, I got a 6% raise while my coworkers will only see 3%, I got a new SUV, our tax refund was stellar, the sale of the truck will fund a two week vacation in the Midwest early this summer. All in all, we’ve been extremely (I hate to use the term) blessed.

I was actually voted ‘Most Pessimistic” my senior year so now I’m just wondering what’s going to go wrong. Big Daddy gets mad when I speak aloud the possibilities. He is convinced I might just cause one of them to happen by simply verbalizing the thoughts. So here’s me saying outloud “Wow, what if we win the lottery next?”

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

it could happen...

April 12, 2007 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger punkest gurl said...

funny...i've had people offerin to buy JLO too...apparently she's well liked round these parts.

April 13, 2007 at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home