p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Yea! I win!

One of my bosses doesn’t believe in vacations, jury duty, sick days, etc. So we try to word our requests for time away from the office very carefully to avoid using words that offend him. I recently emailed him that “I'd like to take Feb. 11th off.”

His reply: “This is not vacation, is it?”

Did I mention he is the corporate attorney? Or as he likes to be called “General Counsel”. He is also one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. He likes to sit in the conference room and play his guitar when he needs a break.

How to get around using the “Vacation” word?

My reply: “Let’s hope that our complicity with the broader effort to narrow and define information architecture’s field of practice is merely a misguided application of our penchant to organize and categorize anything within reach.”

His response: “Ahhh, what was the question?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home