p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, June 04, 2007

Hush Money

Well, it was stressful to get out of the office for vacation. The closer it got, the more I realized needed to be done. But we made it out of town Friday about noon and all the way to Hope, AR the first night. Day 2 was Elizabeth, KY and that only left 4 hrs of driving on Sunday to reach Ohio.

I decided to pay the girls $5 each per day if they didn't make me swear at them. They are calling it hush money and the promise of $100 each is making them play nice. Big Daddy and I, on the other hand, have not earned our $5 a day. His driving is driving me crazy, tailgating, excessive swerving, can't stay in his lane. He says, "Do you really think your driving is any better?" Well, I don't think I made you pee your pants when I was driving, now did I?

We show up during Brother-in-law's retirement (from the Navy) party. Great, we know no one, we're tired, and hungry. A one point, I look over at Big Princess and mouth the words, "kill me now." She replies,"No, me first." There really isn't much to do here besides visit with the family. When we get to Indiana we have buttloads of fun things planned, Chicago Cubs game, day trip to Lake Michigan Dunes, shopping in Amish country.

But for now we are forced to relax and do "nothing" and it ain't easy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home