p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Help! I need the number of a 24 hour repairman...

A friend at church mentioned her nephew is coming back to town and asked if we had any work for him. Last time he was here, oh maybe 2 years ago, I had him do some odd jobs. He's extemely qualified to do any home repair under the sun. I told her I had a couple of projects I needed done and to let me know when he arrived.

A couple days go by and I mention to Big Daddy that the nephew is returning and I'd like to get him to install a dryer vent and take out the sliding glass doors and wall it in with a regular door.

"What?! I can totally do those jobs."

You can? Then why has the dryer been vented into the bathroom for 6 years?

"Well, I didn't know you wanted it fixed."

Ok, then... draw up your plans and lets get it started.

"What? like now?"

Let me just say that Big Daddy has plenty-o-skills. Handyman isn't one I would put at the top of his list, or even on, say, page 23 of said list. Jobs usually involve swearing, breakage, more swearing, calls to the 24 hr. plumber, and more swearing (usually by me at this point). The end result usually isn't what I had in mind.

Fast forward to the weekend...

"Do you have any computer paper?"

Hmmm, I don't but check with little princess. What do you need it for?

"I'm going to draw up the plans to do the dryer vent."

Hey, I'm online, let's look it up on a DIY website.

"A what?"

A Do-It-Yourself website...

"I don't need no stinking website."

I look it up anyway and read it to him. It talks about what a bad idea it is to vent your dryer into your house, fibers, lint, fire hazard, CO posioning...

So when are you planning to get started?

"Oh, I don't know. I just signed up for vacation in February."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home