p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm totally worth it

We had our dunking booth today at work to raise money for the MS150 Bike to the Beach that actually takes place next weekend. Originally I wanted to wax the guys legs for charity but they wouldn't go for it, most of them already shave their heads so that wouldn't work. Then I suggested pie throwing but the boys said that would be messy.

So I set up a dunking booth. The team would get dunked and the volunteers would take the money, chase the balls, help the riders in and out of the tank. We charged $10 for 3 balls. Not bad considering you got the chance to dunk the company's top executives with no fear of repercussion.

Big Daddy has asked me if I was going to get in the tank.

No, its just the riders. I'm in charge of the volunteers.

"Well, I just think people would pay good money for the chance to dunk you."

I know I pull a lot of pranks and stuff (stuff being the key word here) but I didn't really think I'd have to get in the tank. I mean, who wouldn't be happy with dunking the president, COO, Comptroller, and a couple of VP's.

We started with the people lower on the food chain and worked our way up to the president. I worked the crowd, encouraging people and talking to a couple of vendors that showed up for the event. I even talked one vendor into contributing $500. Very exciting stuff! I had the director of engineering announce to the crowd the vendor's very generous contribution. All of a sudden, the president steps up and says "and he'll double his contribution if a woman gets in the tank. Pick a woman." And the president points to the crowd.

The crowd goes wild cheering and the poor vendor looks around in terror. He doesn't know anyone but a couple of guys in the engineering department. Suddenly the crowd starting chanting "PSILY, PSILY, PSILY!" The vendor looks at me in relief that he no longer has to name someone to get dunked.

I always knew I was worth $1,000.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home