p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Its not what you think...

We teach JAM.

Which is the 4th thru 6th grade Jesus and Me class.

Today's Sunday School lesson was the wrap up of the 10 commandments. I did the first 4 dealing with our relationship with God last week. We played a game where only half the kids knew the rules but held all the kids accountable for the rules. "Hey, that's not fair. I didn't know I could answer the question if she got it wrong." Well kiddos, that's why God gave the Israelites the 10 Commandments (not suggestions).

I saved the rest (to include the adultry one) for my co-teacher cause I knew he could handle it better than me. We spent a lot of time on lying and stealing. One child wanted to relate a story of a time when she stole something. She saw a friend's pencil and wanted it, so she took it and when her friend asked her if she had it, she said no. We explained that she violated 3 commandments, not just the stealing commandment. Another child said she couldn't come up with one time she had ever stolen anything. Knowing her older brother, I suggested maybe there was a time she "borrowed" something of her brother's with his permission. "Oh, that's stealing?"

I told the class, "Yeah, according to little princess, she has never stolen anything, only borrowed stuff."

In worship service our row went Big Daddy, me, Adopted Princess, little princess, a girl from my Sunday School class "Blondie". Blondie goes up to the front for kids' story time and when its over she comes back to our row. She looks at little princess and says "you stole my pen and paper."

To which little princess looks her in the eye and says, "No I didn't, I'm just borrowing them."

Blondie looks at me and I just shrug and mouth the words, "I told you so."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home